At Dr. Ackerman’s office, we are committed to your dental health and only use the latest in dental technology to ensure that all of your smiles are healthy and bright!
The tools that we use for cleaning are some of the most advanced in their field. We have a number of instruments to help clean your teeth and make them look their best.
- Cavitron – The cavitron is a dental tool that uses high-frequency sound waves to clean teeth. These gentle oscillating sound waves remove plaque and bacteria from your mouth, leaving you with sparkly whites!
- Diode Laser – A diode laser is a great tool for shaping the gums and removing bacteria from your periodontal pocket, which helps prevent future gum disease. Cleanings performed with this therapy have been shown to be much more successful than traditional dental treatment options! Pain and healing time is also lessened considerably with this process because it helps reduce inflammation in addition to bacteria levels reduction.
- Diagnodent – This revolutionary new tool helps our dentist in finding even the smallest cavities with ease! This is thanks to the extremely high level of magnification it provides. With Diagnodent, early detection means preventing potential dental issues in the future, saving you time and money.
- Micro Ultrasonic Scaling – We use a Micro Ultrasonic Scaling machine to make care more comfortable for you and to complete the process faster. Thanks to this tool, the procedure allows us to complete the scaling process faster than having to scrape tooth surfaces like in conventional scale-ups.
- Distilled Water – Distilled water is considered to be one of the safest options when it comes to drinking H2O. It doesn’t contain any bacteria, viruses, or other harmful substances that can make you sick!
- Sterilization – In order to safeguard against germs and contamination, we sterilize the equipment and dental instruments. This helps keep germs at bay, which is important for your health!
With CEREC, we can offer quick dental restorations and use various advanced prosthetic techniques to create a custom implant or restoration that fits your mouth. Thanks to this advanced technology, crowns, implants, and more can be created that same day, saving you a lot of time.
During an examination, you will be shown an intra-oral video, which allows Dr. Ackerman to see exactly what’s going on with their mouths at any given time. This provides them not only information about which treatment option would be the best for their specific needs but also gives them peace of mind knowing that everything is in order.
In addition, to provide you with the best care, our office uses state-of-the-art digital x-ray technology. This gives us images of your entire mouth and also allows for up to 80% less radiation than traditional film x-rays. They have been proven time after again as an efficient way in which our dentist can accurately diagnose dental problems, and provide necessary treatment plans on-site with just one visit.
We also are proud to offer a variety of implants at our office. The implants that we offer are as follows:
- 3i Implants
- Astra Tech Implants
- BioHorizons Dental Implants
- Nobel Biocare – Dental Implants
- Straumann Dental Implants
- Tatum Surgical Implants
- Zimmer Implants
Better Oral Health
We are passionate about taking care of your teeth both in and out of the office. To improve your at-home care, we suggest using high-quality tools such as the Rotadent Toothbrush or Sonicare. Both are excellent in helping to combat harmful bacteria. If you really want to go the extra mile for your oral health, we also recommend taking xylitol, which is a sugar substitute and can be found in gums, mints, toothpaste, etc. To learn more about xylitol can be a benefit to your oral health, schedule an appointment with Dr. Ackerman today!